You might have gone through situations where you get frustrated because your controller or input is lagging and you can’t play the game properly on your ps4 device. You dont further need to worry about it because we have come up with the solution for you.
I personally think that you need to be familiar with terms likes lagging, its causes because whenever you face the same problem, you dont need to be google for its solutions.
Find what’s new on ps5 specification.
What Is Lagging?
There are almost many kinds of lag among them input lag, and display lag is very popular.
What is the input lag, and what is the display lag? The answer is pretty straightforward. Input lag can be supposed when you’re pressing any button on your mouse, and the time taken by the mouse to transfer the signal of your input in order to perform an action can be defined as input lag.
Display lag can be supposed as the time is taken by your monitor to show the activity that has performed. Input lag and display lag are, however, connected to each other.
For instance in more simple language, when you press input in order to perform the action on your monitor then if input device is taking time to receive the signal it is input lag, and if your monitor is taking time to show the action quickly just after receiving the message from the input device, then it is monitor lag.
If you are facing poor internet connection while gaming then you can use the fastest dns server to speed it up.
Cause Of Ps4 Controller Lag
There are many different conditions when your ps4 controller gets lagged based on different situations. Without wasting time, let’s discuss them.
If your ps4 controller is not charged, then you might face lag when playing games. This was the first cause, and the next one could be the frame rate of your monitor.
In order to get the idea of the frame rate, you’ll have to research about this on the internet and how does it affect the gaming performance that may lead you to face lag once again.
Another reason could be the media playback, which may if remains turned on your monitor system, then that will cause the gaming experience and hence lagging as well.
Some Useful Fixes For The Controller Input Delayed Lag
- If you have the latest tv, then this will be effective for you; otherwise, you can skip this point and move onto the next one. This point is about turning on the game mode. So, first of all, let’s know what game mode is. Let me tell you that television has a lot of image processing in a very few periods of time. Due to which TV may receive your input lately that you’re giving from your input device, but even if your television has received the input in the meantime, then it may take some time to response on that due to a lot of image processing. By turning on the game mode on your television, you’re telling your tv to ignore all the fancy image processing and focus on my input, which may reduce your input lag.
- Any device that holds the charge in it is a more effective one. To do its duty, they require extra power; otherwise, they cannot perform their function how it’s meant to be. If your ps4 controller is not charged, then it will not have extra energy to carry your inputs and send it to the receiver in time, which means you may face lag while playing. In order to prevent this lagging, you should plug your ps4 controller with USB, and after that, if you stop facing delay, then you will know it’s a charging problem. Sometimes even after charging your ps4 controller can cause lag that may be due to some problem in your USB or ps4 controller. In that case, you may want to change your ps4 controller charging cable.
- Another problematic feature which if remains turn on then that can cause the ps4 controller lag, which is not so satisfying while playing the game. You may or may not have heard of a media playback system in your monitor function. If you do not have any idea about this, then you need to know about this before you face any lagging once again. First off, let me tell you what is this actually before I head straight forward to let you know how to turn it off. Basically, when this feature remains on, then that means is that even when you’re playing your game, some media kind of stuff is performing over there in the background without letting you know about this, which is the highest aspect of the cause of lagging. Now let me tell you that how to turn this off. So first of all, go to the settings and then goto the power save settings and then head to set the time until ps4 turns off, and then there you’ll see media playback option.
- Alright, this is the most important and most risky process to get rid of controller lag. Sometimes if your controller stops working from a bit distance, then that means your wifi antenna is broken, which is another reason behind controller lag. Let’s follow these steps in order to replace the antenna. First of all, use a dental pick or anything similar and then remove the three stickers on the bottom case. Now remove the bottom case screws with the help of T9 security Torx bit. Now remove the bottom case by pulling up on one side of the situation, then others, and then slide the case back. Up to here, everything is okay. Now you’ll have to find two PH1 and three T9 Torx security screw, once you get them, remove those power supply screws. Now remove the power supply gently and be careful and then disconnect the wifi antenna and then remove wifi screw and wifi antenna. The last few steps are a bit complex, so in order to do them, it’ll be better if you take step-wise help from the google.
- Problem with database also causes the lagging. However, you can prevent lagging by rebuilding your database connection, and also it can improve the performance. In order to perform the database rebuilding, you’ll have to hold the power button for less than ten seconds. Once it’s done, you’ll be notified that your console is powered off by producing some beep kind of sound. If it’s done, you’ll have to turn on your console in a safe mode. To do so, press the power button for less than ten seconds when your console is in off mode unless you hear the second beep after that use your USB cable to connect it with Dualshock 4 controller because in a safe way it is not possible to connect with Bluetooth. This may take some time, depending on the amount of space you’ve covered with games.
Also check other related article on: